When it comes to interior design, rugs are often underestimated. Rugs play an integral role in creating the general vibe and feel of a home. Your rugs should be selected with the same precision as choosing any other pieces of your interior. Animal hide rugs have always been associated with luxury. They introduce warmth, texture, comfort, and style into your home.
You may use your animal hide rugs to create a mood, divide spaces, or decorate. After some time, your animal hide rugs may start to lose hair. If you notice that your hide rug is losing water quickly, check to ensure that it is real. Suppliers such as Hide Rugs can provide you with high-quality rugs that do not shed fast. Synthetic rugs may shed faster than normal.
Treating Your Animal Hide Rugs for Hair Loss
- Identify the cause of hair loss. Even though the hair on animal hide rugs is delicate, it should not fall out too quickly. Usually, it is caused by insects that might be eating into the rug. If that is the case, you should not use insecticide directly. It can make the problem even worse.
- Take your rug outside and shake it to get rid of dirt and dust. Vacuuming can make the problem worse
- When cleaning the rug, avoid using water. Exposure to moisture can damage your rug. If you have to clean the rug, ensure that it is dry before laying it back
- When drying your rug, keep it away from direct heat. Exposure to direct heat can cause hair to fall out faster
- If you need to deep clean your rug, seek the help of a professional. Professional animal hide cleaners will use the right chemicals and procedures. Do not attempt to use cleaning solutions. The wrong chemicals may cause the hair to fall out even faster.
- Change the placement of your hide rug. Some rugs, such as reindeer hide, are made for decoration purposes. They cannot bear extended periods of foot traffic. Consider changing the placement of your rug to minimize foot traffic.
Other Tips to Care for Your Hide Rugs
Caring for your animal hide rugs improves their lifespan and ensures that they continue to look good for a long time. Some tips to care for your rug include the following;
- If there are any food or grease stains on your rug, clean them as soon as possible. Wait for the material to dry and use a soft-bristled brush to scrape it away. Dab the area with a damp cloth and some eucalyptus oil.
- Use a steam cleaner and steam in the direction of the hairs. It is an effective way to clean without getting the rug wet
- To clean your rug, shaking it is better than vacuuming. If you have to vacuum, do it in the direction of the hair to reduce damage
There are plenty of ways to care for your animal hide rug. Even though wear and tear are normal, there are plenty of ways to slow it down.